Humor

S**t American Tourists Say: Iceland Edition

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the first-ever edition of Shit American Tourists Say. Today’s episode focuses on what these most fascinating individuals say when placed in an environment they’re not used to. We’re not in Kansas anymore, folks. Here are the best things I overheard our lovely Americans say in Keflavik Airport in Iceland. Please note these all occurred within 20 minutes.

1. Passenger: “Where’s the big statue with the pot? I want to take a picture for the grandkids.”

Airline worker: “That’s straight down the hall, sir.”

Passenger: “Oh, that’s too far.”

2. “This is so messed up in so many ways.” – man outraged that he needed to wait for a bus to take him to the plane waiting outside #tinyairportproblems

3. “This is just taking so long. I need some liquor.” – 60-something year old woman, on the bus on the way to the plane

4. “They made me pay to check my bag, so I was like, OK, I can drink some liquor.” – the same woman, who clearly possesses a flawless sense of logic and reasoning

5.”I really like how they’ve designed the airport. It’s so modern.” – lady to her husband

6. *young woman takes selfies of self boarding plane, holds up entire rest of line*

7. “Well, I don’t know why they haven’t sat us together. Makes no sense to me.” – husband whose wife and three kids are sat close by but not directly next to each other, and there was a parent seated next to each child. (Yes, sir, because the airline obviously did it on purpose just to inconvenience you and your family of five.)

8. “Of course the ONE outlet that doesn’t work is under MY seat.” Β – angry teenager (come on, Napoleon, like anyone could even know that.)

9. “Are we going to fly over Idaho? Hawaii? Alaska? Ohio?” – kid behind me to his mother

The “big statue with the pot.”

Comments

December 29, 2016 at 8:16 am

Wow..such an interesting writeup. I am laughing loud right now. These comments are so natural yet hilarious. It’s great you remembered them and then compiled them!!

December 29, 2016 at 6:07 pm

Ha ha.. I am giggling out loud as I read the post. I am wondering how you held yourself from laughing out loud listening to such conversations..

December 29, 2016 at 7:30 pm

πŸ˜€ Airports…modern πŸ˜€

December 29, 2016 at 8:38 pm

Haha all of these are hilarious!! I think #9 is my favourite one πŸ˜› Thanks for sharing, what an entertaining post!

December 29, 2016 at 10:45 pm

Hahahaha these are hilarious! The selfie one is becoming a common occurrence…I mean seriously… take the selfie BEFORE/AFTER you board. What an awesome post – would love to see more!

Jessica Nemire
    December 29, 2016 at 10:51 pm

Okay, right?? Not during. I don’t care if it’s going to make your vlog look better or whatever. Thanks! If you like ridiculous quotes check this one out–interactive quote map of stuff I heard people say in San Francisco that made me raise an eyebrow. πŸ™‚

December 30, 2016 at 6:33 am

This is hilarious. So many facepalm moments. We certainly live in a nutty, self-entitled society these days. Technology has ruined us haha

December 30, 2016 at 7:07 am

I love this. Thanks for sharing. It has put a smile on my face. I have so many of these, I should start writing them down πŸ™‚

January 2, 2017 at 4:23 pm

That sounds just too funny.. Too bad I never noticed comments and conversations of people around me the way you do. Awesome post. Read twice and still laughing